magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Friday, February 13, 2009

Back from a lapse....

Wow- it's been well over a month since I posted...not a surprise, but I'm going to try to do better. life is just very chaotic right now....I'm rudely awakened most mornings by either Baz or Lorelei well before the crack of dawn. At least L will nurse a little bit and go back down for an hour or two. Baz has taken to sleeping on our floor (and occasionally in the bed) and announces periodically that "sun is not up mommy" over and over. I guess it's a little better than his pulling my hand to get me up even though the sun isn't up yet, but I'm definitely missing out on some much-needed sleep.

I then spend the next hour or two getting everyone fed, changed, dressed and packed up to go (except Wed and Fri). Then it's running around dropping each kid off where they need to be and taking a deep breath of relief as I enter the office. Barring any nuts and crazies, work is a nice break from home and I enjoy the adult company there.

Once I finish there, I run to the supermarket if I can (or need to), then pick the little kids up and rush home before the bus. If I'm lucky, I can unload the van before we go to the bus stop. This time is usually a little tricky because Baz still needs a nap and if he hasn't already had one, he falls asleep on the way home. If it's close to the bus coming, I'll just keep everyone in the van and drive to the stop.

Once Anya gets home, it's pandemonium in the house. She still likes to go to "wolfland" or "unicornland", where she pretends to be the animal du jour and usually puts on a show about it. The other kids join in (or watch in Lorelei's case) and there usually are a few pieces of furniture involved.

I try to fit in making dinner and maybe unpacking/repacking and any cleaning I can during this time. If George gets home in enough time, I might fit in a trip to the gym as well. Luckily, the big kids really like going there, so George gets a break during this time. After the gym, it's dinner (if we didn't already have it), dessert (usually only Anya since Baz refuses to eat pretty much everything), bath, and bed.

Bedtime lately has been closer to 8pm, so by the time the kids are down and the major cleaning up is done, I've got 30-60 minutes to just "be" before my eyes shut involuntarily and it's all over. L has been waking up 1-3 times each night, so it's not terrible, but still not great. Definitely better than Anya and Baz, though- yay!

So there's why I haven't written any blog entries lately...now to write about each kid.

No comments: