magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Anya

So I officially suck at bloging...I have such great intentions, but just never get motivated to follow through. Anyway, here's my Anya update....she's now 5-1/2 (!) and getting ready for first grade. At this moment, she's hiking Bushkill Falls with Pap Pap and her friend Michael. She went home with my parents Thursday night for her "vacation" with Grandma and Pap Pap. She's been so excited about this all summer and that excitement is carrying through the visit. My mom told me that she woke up the first morning practically running in circles with a stupid grin on her face because she was just so happy to be there.

Why wouldn't she? She's got the undivided attention of 2 grandparents and one uncle...and 4 (yes,4) rather large dogs, too! She picked up with her Pocono buddy as if it hadn't been an entire year since they spent a week chasing dogs and hunting worms and slugs together. He joined them on their cave tour yesterday and he and Anya then spent some time trying to catch minnows in a creek. I'm so happy that she enjoys this trip- it's great for everyone! And hopefully next year Baz will be ready for his turn. (And FTR, Anya kept saying that she wanted him to go with her next year rather than each having their own weeks. AND she's told my parents that she misses him!)

I also wanted to note the first dream that Anya has mentioned to me- well, at least in detail. And I've already forgotten some of those details (bad mommy)....this was a potty convo- we were at her friend Dominic's party just before she was to leave with my parents and she needed a potty break and insisted I come with her. No biggie- potty time is hardly private in our house, so I tagged along with her. Whilst peeing, she starts to tell me that she's afraid of stairs. And this is because she had a dream where she was at Nana and Dada's house and started falling down the stairs. I can't remember what else she told me at this point, but the point is that she had had a dream that stuck with her.

No comments: