magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Friday, June 26, 2009

Quickie

I'm going to try to make it a regular part of my day to blog just a little tidbit or two so I don't lose all of the cute (and not-so-cute) our kids do daily. Putting it here *might* just make me stick to it a bit!

I'm sitting her now caged in the family room as it thunders and lightenings outside....Anya is snoring next to me on the couch. I got a call from the school nurse Wed that she had vomitted and was still feeling yucky. First, I'm happy that it's Wed and I'm not working- that would have been really hard if I were at work! So I wake L up from her nap (she had stayed up all morning as our house was cleaned, so I was eager for her to sleep!), throw on some clothes and scurry off to the school. Get into the nurses office and there's Anya sitting on her litle cot covered in a blue blanket. She didn't look TOO sick, but she did barf, so we headed home. At first I hoped that it would be a one-time thing (as I usually do) and of course, here we are 2 days later and she's still puking.

I'm so sad for her that she's missing her last few days of kindy...not a HUGE deal in the big scheme, but I still remember how fun the last few days of school were- everyone is excited for summer and no real work is done. In fact, she had her graduation last week, so they've just been doing "projects" since then. Getting over it now....

So as my barfing, crying kiddo sits next to me, the other two are entertaining each other. Baz was lying on his belly as Lorelei tries to climb on his back. Now, he's playing with the Sit-n-Spin as she tries to join in....this one's not the safest- I may have to intervene. A few minutes ago, he was playing fetch with her and her toys...she was happy to crawl across the floor to retrieve the toy he had thrown. It's a treat having them entertain each other!

Now if I could just get Anya to drink a little more "gator juice"... and to call the school to tell them she can't come....

No comments: